PLACE OF BIRTH: Albenga (SV), Italy.
LANGUAGE COMBINATION: From French to Italian (Italian native speaker).
AREA OF EXPERTISE: legal / juridical translations.
MY CUSTOMERS: translation agencies, law firms, companies and individuals. Freelance translator (as external contractor) for the Court of Justice of the European Union (since December 2013).
REGULAR VAT: The VAT number (IT 10763110011) can be checked using the VAT Information Exchange System
EXAMPLES OF TRANSLATED TEXTS
- tender documentation
- legal opinions
- notarial acts
- judicial decisions
- litigation documents
- for the Court of Justice of the European Union: references for a preliminary ruling, judgments, opinions of the Advocates General
MEMBERSHIPS: Qualified member of AITI (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters, no. 214096. You can verify by clicking here
MY REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON Proz
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2018: Postgraduate Degree in Judiciary Translation and Interpretation - Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris 3 University (France) - Higher School of interpreters and translators (ESIT);
- 2016: Postgraduate Course in Legal Translation (Summa cum laude) - University of Genoa (Italy);
- February - June 2016: Course in Oral Translation (French <> Italian) - Institut Français (Milan);
- July 2016: Summer University of Continental Law (French Section) - certificate awarded by the University Panthéon-ASSAS (Paris II);
- July 2014: Legal French course - University of Perpignan (France);
- Ph.D. in Italian and Comparative Criminal Law at the University of Turin (Italy). My PhD thesis is available here;
- 2008: Master (1st level) in European Criminal Justice at the University of Turin. Dissertation entitled: La corruzione nel diritto penale francese [The regulation of corruption in French criminal law];
- 2005: Degree in law (Summa cum laude) at the University of Pavia (Italy). Final dissertation entitled: La mise en danger délibérée nel sistema penale francese tra parte generale e parte speciale [The mise en danger délibérée in French criminal law];
- 1998: High School Diploma in Classical Studies (diploma di maturità classica) at the Liceo G. Bruno, Albenga, Savona, Italy (with top marks: 60/60).
CERTIFICATES OF PROFICIENCY IN FRENCH
- TCF (French Knowledge Test): level C2 (January 2017);
- Professional Diploma in Legal French Language (DFP juridique), awarded by the Paris Chamber of Commerce;
- Diploma in French language studies (DELF B2 and DELF B1), awarded by the French Ministry of Education.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Since 2013: Teacher of Italian for foreigners. I obtained the DITALS I (Certification of Competence in Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language), delivered by the University for Foreigners of Siena - Italy;
- 2010 - 2014: Freelance Teacher of Law (professional courses);
- 2007 - 2010: Assistant Professor and Doctoral (PhD) Candidate in Italian and Comparative Criminal Law at the University of Turin (Italy), Faculty of Law;
- 2006 - 2008: Trainee Lawyer.